About

For as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated by our universe. Its seemingly endless expanse and abundance of mysteries brought me to pursue an education in astrophysics. Early on in my journey, I had the unpleasant realization that this field was (and still is) severely underrepresented by women. However, there have been countless achievements by women in astronomy, but general knowledge of their various achievements is seriously lacking. If asked to name a scientist, people are more likely to respond with "Albert Einstein" or "Neil deGrasse Tyson." My goal is to alter this response so that people can say "Marie Curie" or "Henrietta Leavitt." I have had the desire to write about women in science - well, in astronomy in particular - for a while now, and I've finally gotten around to doing so. I'm hoping to post a pioneering woman in science (focused first on astronomy) multiple times a week. These women have made significant contributions to the advancement of science, but their names aren't (as of yet!) well-known. My goal is to change that, one woman at a time. Happy reading!

Comments

Popular Posts